Below are updates to local, county, school district, state, and federal tax deadlines. YCEA will update this section as new information is provided. Additionally, RKL, has provided a helpful overview on the federal deadline at this link and shares an overview on PA’s deadline extensions, click here to view.
State and Federal Government Deadlines:
- Both the state and federal government have extended their deadlines for the 2019 tax filing deadline from April 15, 2020 to the new date of July 15, 2020.
- See more information here.
County and Local Property Taxes:
- The York County Tax deadline discount period date has not been extended and is still April 15, 2020, the final face value due date remains as June, 15, 2020.
- Local municipalities are reviewing the possibility of extending their deadlines, but similar to the rest of the country our local leaders are reviewing the hardships our communities would face if there was a delay on tax revenue.
York Adams Tax Bureau (YATB):
- YATB has extended the filing deadline for 2019 Individual Earned Income Tax Returns to July 15, 2020, see more information here.
School District Taxes:
- There are proposals in the state legislature to freeze the tax deadline for school districts at this time, but this could shift.
- Please see the PennLive article from April 9.
Local Mercantile & Business Privilege Tax (MBPT):
- Communities that implement this tax are extending a deadline on their own terms.
- Spring Garden Township, York Township, Dover Township, Hanover Borough, and York City have all extended the due dates to July 15, 2020.
- See updates on City Deadlines by clicking here.
Support for Local Taxing Bodies:
- Nothing from the state has come to fruition in terms of relief quite yet to assist the pitfalls local governments will face.
- PA Senate Bill 841, passed by the Senate on April 7, would give local governments greater flexibility on property deadlines – this is moving in the PA House for consideration.