Bell Socialization Services opened its Next Door program in 2017 to offer support services and rental assistance to homeless, near homeless, and low-income individuals and families in York City and York County.
At this time, the office is closed to the public, but staff can be reached by calling the office, 717-356-2957.
Next Door operates at 16 W. King Street in York City, and is open 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (additional hours available by appointment) phone 717–356-2957.
The Next Door team is dedicated to helping people connect to resources and services to secure sustainable housing situations. “It’s not about handing out money, it’s about helping people set goals and develop workable plans to get them to a place where they can be more self-reliant.”
What Services are Offered?
- Rental Assistance for homeless and renters facing eviction
- Connections to Information & Resources
- Professional One-on-One Guidance for homeless, renters facing eviction, and under-housed
- Step-by-Step Success Planning
Who is Eligible?
- Age 18 or older
- York City and County residents
- individuals and families who are homeless, renters facing eviction, and under-housed
- Head of household
- In need of emergency and/or long-term housing
Next Door services are funded in part by the Human Services Development Fund (HSDF), York County Homeless Assistance Program (HAP), Continuum of Care program (CoC), Emergency Solution Grant (ESG) and Community Development Block Grant program (CDBG) funds.